Institute Day 2017 is being shifted to a conference-style format with 3 locations. This year’s 3 host locations are Geneva High School, Hampshire High School, and West Aurora High School. Each location will begin with a keynote speaker, then move to 1 hour, 2 hour, or all day sessions. You will be registering for the location of your choice, not individual sessions. You will be at 1 location all day and can choose from the offerings at that site only. Sessions are scheduled on a variety of topics. The breakout session catalog will be available for viewing Friday, January 13. Registration closes on February 22, 2017.
Geneva High School Keynote Speaker: Tim Clue
Hailing from a small town outside Chicago, Tim has brought to bear all his experiences from his years as an award-winning educator, his training at Second City and decades in stand-up comedy, and has synthesized his calling as a Humorous Motivational Speaker and Corporate Entertainer. Tim has spent a decade as a professor of communications and speech, worked with many well-known comics, and is now a Humorous Motivational Speaker and Team Builder.
Hampshire High School Keynote Speaker: Roberto & Luis Hernandez
Born in Cicero and both Chicago residents, twin brothers Roberto & Luis competed on season 17 of the NBC hit reality weight-loss show, The Biggest Loser. The brothers were the first in their family to attend college, with both pursuing careers as PE teachers. Both are now PE teachers in Cicero, encourage students to be fit and active, and motivational speakers.
West Aurora High School: Joe Fatheree
As a teacher for over 25 years, Joe is continuously working on unique ways to engage his students through unique ways. Joe’s students have used hip hop music to explore literature, produced music, films, and books to cover diverse topics, build educational games using Minecraft, and much more. Joe was Illinois Teacher of the Year in 2007 and received the NEA Member Benefits Award for Teaching Excellence in 2009.
1. All day session at one of our 3 host locations (Geneva, Hampshire or West Aurora)
2. Breakout sessions at one of our 3 host locations (Geneva, Hampshire or West Aurora)
• If you decide to attend an academy or any all-day session, click on the appropriate Event # and complete the registration.
• If you would like to attend multiple breakout sessions, you have the option of attending either
• Geneva High School (all day)
• Hampshire High School (all day)
• West Aurora High School (all day)
3. Administrator Academy
4. All day session at an alternate location (Note: separate registration for Fine Line, IMSA, VALEES or Art Education Conference)
Registration for Institute Day at IMSA is now open. Learn more and register here
Institute Day at Fine Line is Full.
Registration for Institute Day with VALEES at Waubonsee Community College is now open. Learn more and register here
Registration for the 2017 Kane County Art Education Conference is open. Learn More and Register Here