Congratulations to Pranav Kollu for winning the 2018 Kane County Spelling Bee!
In 2018, the County Spelling Bee was held at the Kane ROE on Wednesday, March 14th at 7:00 p.m. Eight students competed to be crowned the champion of the Kane County Spelling Bee. Sponsored by the Dunham Fund and the Kane Excellence in Education Partnership, Pranav and his family will be flown to Washington D.C. to compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee on May 27th – June 1st, 2018.
The eight students that competed were:
- Nicholas DeLeon, Our Lady of Good Counsel, Aurora
- Benjamin Fender, Holy Cross Catholic School, Batavia
- Liza Kadyschuk, Thompson Middle School, St. Charles
- James Kennedy, St. Patrick Elementary School, St. Charles
- Pranav Kollu, Cambridge Lakes Charter School, Pingree Grove
- Shiv Patel, Hampshire Middle School, Hampshire
- Aaditya Sanghavi, Glenbrook Elementary School, Streamwood
- Grace Soh, Dundee Middle School, West Dundee
Thank you to our LOCAL sponsors that made this event possible: